cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multicast trafficis being flooded on igmp snooping enabled switch

edikmkoyan
Level 1
Level 1

I have two devices connected to the same switch, S streams video using multicast, H doesn't send join request, but the multicast is being sent to H, actually it is being flooded. Both hosts are in the same vlan.

Distribution-1#show ver | in WS
cisco WS-C2960-24TT-L (PowerPC405) processor (revision E0) with 65536K bytes of memory.
Model number                    : WS-C2960-24TT-L
*    1 26    WS-C2960-24TT-L    15.0(1)SE2            C2960-LANBASEK9-M

5 Replies 5

Hello

You could try using a filter to stop host be from joining the MC group.

ip access-list  standard IGMP
deny 224.0.0.0 0.0.0.255.
permit any

int x/x
ip igmp access-group IGMP

res

Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

this may work, but I need igmp snooping to work as expected.
I have ova 500 ports and assigning this acl to random subset of that interfaces is not the correct way to go.

and one more thing

thfith_1(config-if)#ip igmp ?
  filter      set IGMP filter profile number
  max-groups  set maximum number of IGMP groups that can be joined
  snooping    IGMP snooping configuration

Hello

Maybe I have mis read your requirement - I was on the understanding you are trying to prohibit an host from receiving igmp requests

You state igmp snooping is enabled, if so is it also enabled for a specific vlans?

Could you possible provide a more detail explanation of what you are actually trying to achieve ?

res

Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

I did ip igmp snooping, isn't that enaugh? should I also do Distribution-1(config)#ip igmp snooping vlan 1 ? If so then why?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card