cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

Multichassis Etherchannel

I have 2 questions.

1. I have 2 Cores(core 1 and Core 2) 6509 connected back to back thru LACP. Can I connect a 6509(distribution) with 2 uplinks, one going to each Core and then activate multichassis Etherchannel. Note: This is a non VSS environement.

2. I have 2 Cisco 6504 with VSS enabled and I have one Nexus 7K with 2 VDC( VDC1 and VDC2)

Can I do multi-chassis etherchannel between the Nexus and the 6504 VSS with one link between VDC1 to the VSS and the other is between VDC2 and the VSS.

Many Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Multichassis Etherchannel

Hello R.shummoogum

I can answer only to your first question:

without VSS you cannot deploy an etherchannel that spans over multiple standalone C6500 chassis

Hope to help

Giuseppe

For you second question, the vPC is tied to a specific VDC, so you can only have your etherchannel to your VSS within the same VDC domain.

See this link:

"A vPC domain is associated to a single VDC, so all vPC interfaces belonging to a given vPC domain must be defined in the same VDC"

-source- http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/datacenter/sw/4_2/nx-os/interfaces/configuration/guide/if_vPC.html

Hope that helps

4 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Hello R.shummoogum

I can answer only to your first question:

without VSS you cannot deploy an etherchannel that spans over multiple standalone C6500 chassis

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Thanks for your quick response.

The second one is a rare case and will probably need to be lab'ed.

For you second question, the vPC is tied to a specific VDC, so you can only have your etherchannel to your VSS within the same VDC domain.

See this link:

"A vPC domain is associated to a single VDC, so all vPC interfaces belonging to a given vPC domain must be defined in the same VDC"

-source- http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/datacenter/sw/4_2/nx-os/interfaces/configuration/guide/if_vPC.html

Hope that helps

Well you just made my day.

Thanks so much.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content