We have been running an 1841 router with one T1 interface and one FaE interface for over 1 year now with no problems. Recently we added a 2nd T1 interface and bonded it via multikink PPP with the 1st T1 interface. Almost immediately we started experiencing problems with access to the router via the FastEthernet interface. Bringing up the log on the router we see continuous messages claiming that "Fa0/0 changed stated to Up". Funny thing is that there is never any "Changed state to down" messages, all are up!! We changed the FaE interface to another switch port with no luck. We also played with the duplex and speed commands with no luck. The we decided to shut down the 2nd T1 and remove the multilink parameters and the interface and our problems went away. I know it doesn't make sense but is it possible that the multilink config was affecting the FA interface? At this point we have decided not to go back to multilink for now but it would be nice to know for future reference.
This document gives several answers on frequently asked questions for PFRv3 channel state behavior.
Q1: What are all the channel operational states from a BR (border role) perspective and what are the rules/conditions to be in each st...
The need was to reach an host inside a LAN through a VPN connection managed by the LAN gateway (Cisco 1921).
The LAN gateway performs NAT and there was a dedicate nat rule for the host i wanted to reach through VPN.
I couldn't connect to the hos...
We have 3 identical switches configured by someone else and would like to claim some of the Gigabit ports(G1/G2/G3/G4) for use on servers. When we try to change the wiring and configuration, we run in to connectivity issues. Attached is a des...