Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

Multilink PPP

I have an existing 3825 router with two VWIC 2MFT-T1 cards installed. I am currently bonding two T1's together using Multilink PPP and need additional bandwidth.

Question 1 - Can I add a single T1 to this Multilink PPP bundle (3 T1 bundle)or will I need to add the T1's in pairs and wind up with a (4) T1 bundle? I am thinking that they must be grouped in even numbers but cannot find this documented anywhere.

Question 2 - Can I form a Multilink bundle with T1's grouped from two separate VWIC controllers?

1 REPLY

Re: Multilink PPP

1) Yes you can add odd numbers of T1s to a multilink bundle. I think the max you can put in one bundle is 16, but I can't remember. I know it is at least 8.

2) Yes you can, it doesn't matter which interface card they are on.

Watch out for 12.4.22T. I had three multilink bundles on one 3825. Two of the three bundles would not hold a T1 member for more than 20 minutes. TAC said to upgrade to 12.4.24T. This worked. They are now stable.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content