Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Multiple GLBP groups in one subnet

Hi All,

I have read all I can on GLBP without a definitive answer to my question. I have two 7613 routers connected to two 7304's that serve as our gateways to the ISP. I would like to run these connections through a 6509VSS and run GLBP on all 4 routers in the following manner.

I would like to connect 4 routers to the VSS, place their interfaces into the SAME subnet but running a different GLBP group as below

7613:                                       Virtual IP  for Group 1                   7613:

172.30.100.65/28       GLBP 1 IP 172.30.100 66              172.30.100.70/28

X                                                                                 X

X                                                                            X

VSS Layer 2 only and used to connect all devices into the same vlan 2010

X                                                                          X

X                                                                               X

172.30.100.73/28        GLBP 2 IP 172.30.100.75            172.30.100.78/28

76XX:                                         Virtual IP for group 2                  76XX:

The subnet is 172.30.100.64/28 ( .65 - .78 )

My question is whether the two groups of GLBP instances can coexist within the same subnet using 4 routers. My goal is to have one gateway address for each side. The 76XX routers represent the AT&T routers facing their MPLS network. I want to do load balancing across those routers for outbound traffic and my 7613's to load balance the return traffic.

I am running GLBP in my core between the two 7613's and multiple 3750me switches that provide a very high level of redundancy. I'm just not sure if the scenario above is supported.

Thanks for any and all comments or suggestions.

Glenn

• LAN Switching and Routing
2 REPLIES

Re: Multiple GLBP groups in one subnet

UPDATE.....

Since first posting this question, I have coded the design in a lab and the design works as drawn. This provides gateway protection to an ISP in both directions.

I was just wonder this same

I was just wonder this same thing. Thanks for the post, very helpful!

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.