What is the default behavior if for multipe ip helper destinations defined on an interface?
int VLAN 400
ip helper-address 22.214.171.124
ip helper-address 126.96.36.199
Does the router first attempt to forward the appropriate traffic to 188.8.131.52, failing that then send it to 184.108.40.206? Or does it send the traffic to both and use whichever offer it receives first? OR is there something else it does?
Yes the router will send request to both the servers and will forward the reply from both the servers to the client.It depends upon client what address it chooses.
The whole process will go something like this
1) Router will send request to both the servers
2) The DHCP servers returns a DHCP Offer packet and router will forward the reply from both the servers to the client.
3) The PC chooses from the different servers that replied to its Discover message and sends a DHCP request to one of them. Remember, the PC still does not have an IP address at this point, so it broadcasts.
4) The DHCP relay agent again forwards the packet to the DHCP server. The relay agent does have an IP address, so it unicasts the packet to the server using UDP.
5) The DHCP server selects an address from an appropriate pool of IP addresses and returns a DHCP reply to the PC, which now has its own IP address and with it the default gateway address.
The router will forward the appropriate traffic to both addresses. If the device that originated the request receives two offers (which it probably will since both servers will receive copies of the request) it will choose one of the offers (typically the first one received).
Question We run asr9001 with XR 6.1.3, and we have a very long delay to
login w/ SSH 1 or 2 to the device compare to IOS device. After
investigation, the there is 1s delay between the client KEXDH_INIT and
the server (XR) KEXDH_REPLY. After debug ssh serv...
Introduction The purpose of this document is to demonstrate the Open
Shortest Path First (OSPF) behavior when the V-bit (Virtual-link bit) is
present in a non-backbone area. The V-bit is signaled in Type-1 LSA only
if the router is the endpoint of one or ...
Hi, I am seeing quite a few issues with patch install and wanted to
share my experience and workaround to this. Login to admin via CLI, then
access root with the “shell” command Issue “df –h” and you’ll probably
see the following directory full or nearly ...