cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple peers detected on mgmt0

Mierdin21
Level 1
Level 1

I keep seeing these messages in my logs very frequently on a Nexus 5548UP.

%LLDP-3-DETECT_MULTIPLE_PEERS: Multiple peers detected on mgmt0

Anyone have an idea of what might be causing these? Google has shown less than desirable amounts of information on this message.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

A bug was filed against this. The workaround is to disable LLDP on the mgmt0 port

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

A bug was filed against this. The workaround is to disable LLDP on the mgmt0 port

Is there a bug report on this you can send a link to? I'd like to provide documentation to justify turning this off.

Thanks!

Internal as of today - no work has been done on it since it's suspected to be cosmetic.

Understood - thanks for the heads up!

Anything new about this bug? I think it is more than just cosmetic because using the workaround I miss important information of the connected hosts.

It would be nice to have more attention and then a solution for this.

A workaround for me would be to suppress the -3-Message.

Thanks.

Same here.  I have Linux VMs running LLDP and it's erasing my buffer and clogging up my Syslog server.  Any other suggestions?  I'll open a TAC case... :( 

Was this not fixed by means of CSCtw96661 entitled "N5K not able to suppress Sev5 syslog messages related with connected FEX " ?

The command below (changing logging level) was not taking affect due to the above defect.

config)# logging level lldp ?
  <0-7>  0-emerg;1-alert;2-crit;3-err;4-warn;5-notif;6-inform;7-debug

This is NOT fixed.

I upgraded one of my Nexus 5k from 7.0.0.N1.1 to 7.1.1.N1.1, and the messages started pouring in..

Nothing on the Nexus still running 7.0.0.

Got rid of one bug, only to introduce another, sigh.

Welcome to Cisco Nexus!

same issue with 7.1.4.N1.1

I've been having the 'Multiple peers detected' issue with 7.3(0)N1(1).

I get the message on a dozen or so ports which are trunks to ESX hosts. It makes the console difficult to use because there is no 'logging synchronous' on Nexus.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card