Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Mutiple vlans to Internet

what if i have different IP addresses in the network. lets say vlan 2 has IP Dslam for the dorms, vlan 4 is for the admin office and vlan 6 is for the sister company of the school that uses ipvpn how can i let all three vlan to connect to the internet?

I have 2950 with 8 vlans a trunks port 802.1q encapsulation 3600series switch as gateway to the internet.

Thanks

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Mutiple vlans to Internet

You just have to enable intervlan routing and create appropriate NAT statements for getting connected.

Cisco Employee

Re: Mutiple vlans to Internet

As you already have configured inter-vlan routing on the router for all the vlans, you have enable "NAT Inside " on the sub-interfaces for inside LAN and " NAT Outside " for natting all of the subnets to the internet facing interface.

You have use ACL's to define the interesting traffic to go outside and use the "NAT inside " statement " only on the sub-interfaces that you want to acess the internet.

Please find the doc below for configuring NAT on the router.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk361/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094e77.shtml

HTH,

-amit singh

Views
Helpful
Replies