Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My 2M internet connection is slow

Hi,

I using a 2800 router connected to LOOP-E1500 modem and ASA 5510 firewall on 2M leased line. I experiences sometime the connection to internet is very slow. Normally, it tooks less than 5secs to load a google home page but out of sudden, it may take up more than a minute to load the same page.

Then, when i experience the slowness again, i logged into my ISP MRTG graph monitoring system and saw that the leased line Bandwidth has utilised 100%. Also i noticed that the COL led on LOOP-E modem is blinking too. Therefore, after i have resetted the router and modem, everything's back to normal.

Any advise on why is that so? could it be an attack or some buffer leaks?

Thanks in advance.

Tony

2 REPLIES

Re: My 2M internet connection is slow

Tony, if the LOOP-E modem says "COL" that's (probably) Collisions. If that modem is Half-Duplex and the connected device is Full-Duplex, the connection will be terrible especially under hig(er) loads. Make sure the duplex settings match.

Paul

Re: My 2M internet connection is slow

Yeah!! you are right Paul. In fact, we know occassional collision is ok and i have confirmed the duplex settings are ok too. I just don't understand why it occur sometimes and don't occur some other times. Any experiences before?

cheers,

Tony

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content