cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

My router requires a restart once a week ...

levan5540
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there all

rougly after 7 to 10 days of up-time my router stops working and requires a hard restart ..

I susspect its somthing to do with memory...

I've atached outputs of 

sh memory dead totals

sh memory fragment

sh processes memory sorted

Sh ver

Can you please have a quick look and see if you can spot anything abnormal..

Many thanks 

Leo

4 Replies 4

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

Per chance is this an Internet connected router?  If so, also per chance, do you a default route to your Internet interface rather than a next hop IP?  If both true, such often will use up all memory over time.  Solution is to change default route to use next hop IP.

Hi Joseph 

Yes it is internet connected router and my defaulth route looks like this   

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 62.255.xxx.xxx

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

Ok, that's good then.

Then like Leo suggests (if you have maintenance), I too would recommend upgrading your IOS.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Wow.  That's an old IOS.  

I'd consider upgrading the IOS to the latest "M" train.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card