Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

my switch 3550 series cannot boot completely and cannot accept keyboard input

Hi Everyone,

I got a cisco switch 3550 series from ebay for my certification (CCNA) which I booted and reset and tested with basic configuration, and it worked well.

I used USB-to-Serial adapter changer for connection between switch console and my laptop.

And tera term terminal setting

baud=9600, data bit=8 , stop bit=1, parity=none and flow control=none.

but after trying to connect the 25pin serial port of my desktop PC to the switch using 25-9pin adapter, the switch wouldn't boot completely and hang/stop at the following display....

"00:00:34: %SYS-5-RESTART: System restarted --

Cisco Internetwork Operating System Software

IOS (tm) C3550 Software (C3550-I5Q3L2-M), Version 12.1(11)EA1, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

Copyright (c) 1986-2002 by cisco Systems, Inc.

Compiled Wed 28-Aug-02 10:03 by antonino

00:00:36: %LINK-5-CHANGED: Interface Vlan1, changed state to administratively down

00:00:37: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Vlan1, changed state to down"

I have tried all I could the switch NEVER COMPLETED BOOTING AGAIN even in my laptop ( hp pavilion g, Win 7).

I have also tried with another laptop running Ubuntu 12.07 LTE with minicom properly set

Again I tried with MacBook running Lion OS X using the scipt ( >screen /dev/..... -correct location of ttyUSB) still the switch hangs

AND CAN NOT ACCEPT ANY KEYBOARD INPUT!!!!

please some one help!!!!

• LAN Switching and Routing
1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Gold

my switch 3550 series cannot boot completely and cannot accept k

Duplicate posts. 

Go here.

Views
Helpful
Replies