cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

N5k vPC global consistancy parameter mismatch

krunal_shah
Level 1
Level 1

I have very strange issue when configuring vPC between pair of N5K. I saw all of vlans went into suspendded mode and error regarding Global consistancy parameter is thrown. I checked default Network QoS policy map is different.

N5010A# sh policy-map type network-qos

Type network-qos policy-maps
  ===============================

policy-map type network-qos default-nq-policy
    class type network-qos class-fcoe
      mtu 2158
    class type network-qos class-default
      mtu 1500

N5010B# sh policy-map type network-qos

Type network-qos policy-maps
  ===============================

policy-map type network-qos default-nq-policy
    class type network-qos class-fcoe
      pause no-drop
      mtu 2158
    class type network-qos class-default
      mtu 1500

however, on any switch I cannot modified or delete the default-nq-policy policy. I tried to make a new default-nq-policy_modified policy map but this also resulted in mismatch in class-fcoe, because this comes by default. I cannot add or delete "pause no-drop" command under class-fcoe.Attached file has more detail.

Any help on this will be much appriciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Krunal,

This type of issue is normally seen when either running two different versions of NX-OS, or when upgrading from an internal build, I am not sure if you were part of any of the BETA testing (perhaps of the N2K)?

The easiest way to recover from this would be to take N5010A, backup the configuration, "write erase", reload the N5K then reapply your configuration manually.  This will be the only way to get the pause no-drop statement back into the FCoE class.

HTH

Chris

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Krunal,

This type of issue is normally seen when either running two different versions of NX-OS, or when upgrading from an internal build, I am not sure if you were part of any of the BETA testing (perhaps of the N2K)?

The easiest way to recover from this would be to take N5010A, backup the configuration, "write erase", reload the N5K then reapply your configuration manually.  This will be the only way to get the pause no-drop statement back into the FCoE class.

HTH

Chris

You are right we had 4.0 code when we first got this switch I configured it for Qos and did not remove the configuration when we upgrade NX-OS on this switch. After that we got another switch with 4.1 code which made me think to make vPC pair between these two switch. I was struggling with this since 2 months and gave up. I will try removing config and reapply.

Do you know any bug ID that was written to track this?? Shouldn't the configuration get converted automatically according to new version when code upgrade is done?

As far as I know there was no defect opened to track this, as it was considered expected to a certain extent, and should not really be seen these days on public images,as you were running 4.0 you seem to be the expection

With regards to changing the configuration, this is kind of a corner case, as we change the defaults, it is always a very animated debate if we should push such changes automatically to existing configurations, and the general concenses is no, if someone configured it that way, they most likely did so for a reason.

Let me know how it goes with the write erase/reapplying the config.

Chris

I did "write erase", reload and re-applied configuration on N5010A which solved the problem.Thanx Chris...

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card