Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

N7k and UCS wierd issues

We have some wierd problems in our N7k/UCS core and I just wanted to hear if you have any ideas of the top of your head. The setup is 2 sites with 2 N7k on each site, one USC (two fabrics) on each site. OTV is running between the sites, UCS connected via VPC to both N7k on the site. The UCS:s mainly have Hyper-V hosts although there are a few bare metal servers. We suspect that the problems began when we added a connection from our old 6k Core to the UCS:s. The VLAN:s to our old core is not propagated via OTV between the N7k sites. When they connected the 6k link they just used pin groups, which we now know was not the correct way to do it. We have rectified that error and the connection is now according to “Disjointed L2” recommendations. We have no problems with hosts on the newly connected link to our old 6k core. The symptoms is interesting to say the least;

We have intermittent total loss of communication between hosts on different VLAN:s routed in the 7k:s eg. 10.1.1.1 to 10.1.2.1 despite the fact that I see arp entrys in the 7k:s. I also see the mac address on the correct uplink and I see the mac address in the UCS. If I do a shut/no shut on the VLAN interfaces on a site different hosts will have the problem (or not).

I have tried both 6.2.6 and 6.2.8(a), we have rebooted all 7k:s and all UCS:s. The UCS runs 2.2.1c.

Is this something that rings a bell?

Everyone's tags (1)
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content