Views
Helpful
Replies

NAM-1 Blade is in a power down status

ahmaddhahir
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Guys:

we have a 6509 switch that is running  Version 12.2(33)SXH5 on the active and hot standy sups. The show module showed that the module 7 where the NAM-1 is inserted is in a pwer down state , and physically on the blade the LED is off. The show mod retain the following info in regard to module 7

;

Mod MAC addresses                         Hw    Fw                Sw               Status

7  001b.d4ab.0fa8 to 001b.d4ab.0faf   4.0   7.2(1)       8.7(0.22)BUB      PwrDown

I tried to bring the module up by issuing the command "power enable module 7", it changed the status to OTHERS but after few minutes it went back to PwrDown. I can not telnet to the blade to upgrade the software to 3.5(1b) where my other switch is running fine with its own NAM-1 but since it is in shut down state i can't. Also tried to reset it but no luck.

Any help will be highly appreciated !!

8 Replies 8

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Ahmad,

The NAM module has a shut down button on it.  Try holding down the button to turn it on and see if you can login to it.

HTH

Reza

Hello Ahmad,

Also, try pulling the blade out and reinsert it back in to see if the problem goes away.

HTH

Reza

Hello Reza:

The shut down button on the blade is to power it down when it is on as cisco said , still i tried it but didnt help. Also i pulled the blade and reseated, it turned the light for a couple of minutes and then went off back again. Any alternative opinions will be appreciated.

power enable module 7

if you noticed in my initial posting, i already issued this command power enable mod 7. It  changed the status to "OTHERS" and after a few minutes it went back to PwrDown. I attempted to reseated , it brought the LED to on for a few minutes but wen back off again.

i forgot to mention that this issue happened right after our attempt to upgrade the softwar on the blade which mostly incompatabile with the software on the sup . So now i guess the remdy is how to cover or roll back to the original software on the blade. Since it is in a power down status , we can not do anything to cover it back.

Hello Ahmad,

If you have SmartNet contract, RMA it back to Cisco.

Reza

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I guess the other way is to roll-back your IOS of the 6500, upgrade the firmware of the NAM and upgrade the 6500 again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco

Ā