Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

NAT and Routed Network with Two ISP's on one router

I'm sure this has been done covered many times, but I am not finding it.

I have two ISP connections.

With ISP-A I have a /30 between us and 200.100.100.0/24 is routed to me via the /30 for thsi example we will say the /30 is 1.1.1.1 on isp end and 1.1.1.2 on my end

With ISP-B I have a 100.0.0.0/29 subnet. and the ISP gateway is on that subnet at 100.0.0.1

On the inside of my network I have devices using both 200.100.100.x addresses and devices on 192.168.100.x that need to use NAT.

I would like all of the devices on 200.100.100.x addresses to continue using ISP-A as their gateway.

Everything on 192.168.100.x should use NAT and go out ISP-B

I have tried

ip nat inside source route-map ISP-A interface GigabitEthernet0/1 overload

route-map ISP-B permit 10
 match ip address 101
 match interface GigabitEthernet0/1
 set ip next-hop 100.0.0.1
!
route-map ISP-A permit 10
 match ip address 111
 match interface Multilink1
 set ip next-hop 1.1.1.1

The problem comes when I have default routes to ISP-A in the router than none of the ISP-B traffic works, and vice versa.

• LAN Switching and Routing
1 REPLY
VIP Super Bronze

I think for this to work

I think for this to work correctly and be able to split traffic between the 2 ISPs, you would need to use BGP, because default is going to use one ISP or the other.

If you can use BGP, this link will help you in load shearing between multiple ISPs when you have one router.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/ip/border-gateway-protocol-bgp/13762-40.html#conf4

HTH

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.