cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nat problem: simply put, not working

cpatcisco
Level 1
Level 1

I have and 880 W router.  The LAN members can get out t o the internet.  Now I want to configure NAT such that outside computers can access a coupel of the machines using REmote DEsktop (RDP).  I am using Configuration Professional.

When I configure inside to outside, the remote computers can't connect to the target machines.

When I configure outside to inside, the target machines acn't get to the internet.

When I try to use the advanced NAT definition wizard, I can't complete the task because the only inside pool (?) or LAN (?) is "designated" and not available to select.  I can't free it up without deleting the one working NAT entry which is the one that enables all computers to reach the internet.

Obviously I am missing something basic, but essential.

Can you please help?

Thanks.         

1 Reply 1

handoko wiyanto
Level 3
Level 3

hi Charles,

so the internet connection is working well? if the internet connection is working well, then perhaps you want to try using free remote software such as teamviewer, you dont have to install to the pc, just choose run will be fine.

with teamviewer user from outside can connect to inside, or vice versa. you only need the id and password of remote teamviewer client.

regards,

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card