Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

NAT rule vs network object NAt in the ASA ?!!

hi all ,

im asking here whats the differnce between the NAT rule  and network object "NAT" ???

i found that i can do my nat rules by two methods

by

NAT rule  & object "NAT"

but im asking here whats the differnce between them ??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Object NAT is nothing but its a new feature introduced in ASA version 8.3&Later to configure NAT rules(Static,Dynamic and PAT)

All NAT rules that are configured as a parameter of a network object are considered to be network object NAT rules. Network object NAT is a quick and easy way to configure NAT for a network object, which can be a single IP address, a range of addresses, or a subnet. After you configure the network object, you can then identify the mapped address for that object.

Refer :

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/asa83/asdm63/configuration_guide/config/nat_objects.html

***Please rate if it is usefull***

2 REPLIES

Object NAT is nothing but its a new feature introduced in ASA version 8.3&Later to configure NAT rules(Static,Dynamic and PAT)

All NAT rules that are configured as a parameter of a network object are considered to be network object NAT rules. Network object NAT is a quick and easy way to configure NAT for a network object, which can be a single IP address, a range of addresses, or a subnet. After you configure the network object, you can then identify the mapped address for that object.

Refer :

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/asa83/asdm63/configuration_guide/config/nat_objects.html

***Please rate if it is usefull***

thankx

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content