cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

nat statement assistants

shirwaziri1_2
Level 1
Level 1

We currently have our pix 501 nat statement setup with the public IP forwarding smtp traffic to an internal IP which is our exchange box.

So, any mail coming into the network should go to the Anit-Spam box 192.168.10.4.

There is one company that tries to email my client and cannot bypass the anti spam because they have some type of encryption enabled on all thier mail. Instead of purchasing the moduel for the Anti Spam box that will fix the problem, I wanted to see if there is any way to fix the problem through the Pix.

I want to try to create a route straight to the exchange and bypass the anti spam box only for this company only. All others that try to send email to my client it should go through the antiSpam. Sort of like a "If then statement".

Don't know if what I am doing can be possible. Any ways i need to confirm this is not possible or if there is a solution. Below is the nat statement.

static (inside,outside) tcp 64.65.250.2 smtp 192.168.10.4 smtp netmask 255.255.2

55.255 0 0

1 Reply 1

umedryk
Level 5
Level 5

Trend Micro InterScan for Cisco CSC SSM (Content Security and Control Security Services Module) provides an all-in-one antivirus and spyware management solution for your network. This guide provides a conceptual explanation of how to manage the CSC SSM, which is resident in your Cisco appliance to do the following:

?Detect and take action on viruses, worms, Trojans, and other threats in your SMTP, POP3, HTTP, and FTP network traffic

With Trend Micro InterScan for Cisco CSC SSM, you do not have to install separate applications for virus protection, spyware blocking, spam detection, or content filtering?all of these functions are available in a single package. Trend Micro InterScan for Cisco CSC SSM provides protection for major traffic protocols?SMTP, HTTP, and FTP, as well as POP3 traffic, to ensure that employees don't accidentally introduce viruses from their personal email accounts. And, the application is easy to maintain.

http://cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/csc/csc61/administration/guide/csc1.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card