Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NAT translation help.

Recently passed the CCENT but have yet to be able to nail down the CCNA.  The big problem I have is NAT.  Now I have a NAT issue that I need assistance with.

A little background, I work for an MSP who recently took over an account where there was a less than amicable split between the previoud IT director and the company.  The entire network is somewhat messy, and I am working my way though figuring it out.

I was wondering if you might be able to help me quickly with a NAT translation.  The customer has a 5 pack of IP addresses from Charter Communications.  The Charter router is plugged into the asa 5505, as well as it runs through the wall into I believe one of the switches.  I am trying to put in a static nat translation for a server at xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.  I want to use one of the publics from the Charter 5 pack, .aaa.aaa.aaa.aaa  I used  (ip nat inside source static xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx aaa.aaa.aaa.aaa) on the front end Cisco 2921 router at ccc.ccc.ccc.ccc.  Where I am confused is that this router doesn't have any of the 5 Charter addresses assigned to it, it has a public ip assigned by one of their other ISPs.  I can ping the Charter gateway fine from this router.  I was curious if I am able to use the ip nat outside command on that interface with the public from the other ISP and the ip nat inside on the interface I believe is going to the same switch, or if I have to find where the Charter box is actually plugged into, the ASA or the switch that it is plugged into, and assign the NAT commands on that device? 

1 REPLY

NAT translation help.

What version of IOS are you running on the ASA? Post "show ver" and it will be easier to help....

HTH,
John

*** Please rate all useful posts ***

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content