cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Native vlan

Hi,

Could anyone please help me about Native Vlan.
I am confusing. I am beginner.

Native Vlan its mean that, I got switch1 switch2 switch3 and i added vlan to it all.
Then I will configure the Native Vlan on one of the switch, so later i can telnet to manage my switch later on, right? 

Thank you very much.

Everyone's tags (1)
1 REPLY
Super Bronze

DisclaimerThe Author of this

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

No, a native VLAN is the term for an untagged L2 packet on a L2 trunk.  Basically, for an untagged trunk frame, what to assume the VLAN is for that frame.

By default, Cisco switches assume VLAN 1 for untagged frames, but this can be changed.

Telnet access just requires the switch's management IP to be on a VLAN/subnet that can be reached by other hosts.  It could be on any VLAN.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content