Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Need help : Fail to upgrade IOS for C3750 stacked switch.

Hi,

Recently I've failed to upgrade the newest version of IOS for my stacked 3750 switches (only 2 units).

I've successfully upload the .tar image on the switches and then extract to both of the switches. Before reloading the switches, I change the boot systems to a new extracted IOS with a correct path.

But the problem is, when everything seem to be ok. Master switch will start to initializing/reloading. And this will make both switches to be rebooted again and again.

I was force to go to the rmon, and change the boot system back to the existing IOS.

Have anybody encounter similar issue? Btw, the new IOS that I want to upgrade is c3750-ipservices-tar.122-40.SE.tar.

We manage to upload the same IOS file to our other 3750 switches at other sites.

Attached is the log from the failed upgrade.

1 REPLY
Purple

Re: Need help : Fail to upgrade IOS for C3750 stacked switch.

First thing I would try is to delete that image and reload it , possible it got corrupted during the download and then work from there. I think we have the same version working on a number of the stacks.

Views
Helpful
Replies