Views
Helpful
Replies

Need Help Importing Configuration File

lamav
Level 8
Level 8

Folks:

I am in a situation in which I need to automate the configuration of some Cisco 1242 wireless AP devices.

I have a configuration that I generated and it is in a .txt format. You know, just typed the comands on Notepad.

Now, I need to upload them to a tftp server and then use the 'copy tftp start' utility to import the configuration to the AP.

How do I change the file format from .txt to the format used by Cisco's IOS? In short, how do I take my config file that I created with a normal text editor and use it to configure the AP in an automated fashion, using the command utility?

Also, what is the file extension used by Cisco for the startup configuration? For the IOS, for example, it is a .bin file. And for startup?

Im sorry if the question seems dumb. I have never had to import config files that werent already sitting on a Unix server and already in the correct format.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Hi Victor,

use the WordPad application to save your config instead of Notepad. IOS do read this format .

Hope this helps

Shaheen

Yes, youre right. WordPad worked much better for some reason.

Thanks

victor

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: