Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need Help In BGP Design-Multihomed

Hi,

I have a public ip pool for my servers to be on internet and I have a internet connectivity from 2 ISPs.

I want to achieve following:

1.I want to advertise my public block on the internet.

2.I want internet connectivity from both isp but in primary/secondary manner.

3.I dont want to receive bgp routing table from both isp.

Kindly help with the config required on my end

8 Replies 8

mvsheik123
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

Couple of questions..

1.Your ISP supports BGP?

2. You have /24 subnet? If not check with your ISPs first as most ISPs does not advertise subnets lless than /24.

3.Try to get your own Autonomous system number (AS#) from ARIN. If not, some ISPs work with private AS# as well.

Check the below links for different scenarios..

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/ip/border-gateway-protocol-bgp/23675-27.html

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/ip/border-gateway-protocol-bgp/13762-40.html

hth

MS

Hi,

I have a /26 subnet with private AS# and both ISP support bgp.

I want to advertise my subnet to the world so that anyone can reach my servers on internet.

However i don't want to receive bgp routing table from my ISP but want my users to get internet.

How to achieve this?

Regards

Hi,

Advertise your /26 in your BGP peering with the ISPs and have them send you a default route.

This way, you only have a default route in your routing table pointing to the providers.

HTH

Hello

You can also  make sure of this by only allowing a default route into your network

ip prefix-list default-route permit 0.0.0.0/0
ip prefix-list default-route deny 0.0.0.0/0 le 32
ip as=path access-list 1 permit ^$

router bgp xxx
Network x.x.x.x 255.255.255.192 ( your 26 advertised subnet)
neighbour (isp1 next hop) prefix-list default-route in
neighbour (isp2 next hop) prefix-list default-route in
neighbour (isp1 next hop) filter-list 1 out ( prohibit transit routes Between isp1 and isp2
neighbour (isp2 next hop) filter-list 1 out ( prohibit transit routes between isp2 and isp1)

res

Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Thanx...jst for knowledge purpose i wud like 2 no dat how isp wud send me default route...what commands will he use?

The ISP will advertise a default route using the BGP peering with you. You then follow that default route to get to Internet

HTH

Thanx 4 d sharing the links....it solved my queries a lot....

Cheers....!!!!!!!!

Hello

please rate any posts that have been helpfull

thanks

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card