cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NEED HELP IN PACKET TRACER

MartinMoeller12
Level 1
Level 1

Can someone tell me whats wrong with my network??

When i ping to a diffrent subnet it says unreachable host

7 Replies 7

chandra_rc16
Level 4
Level 4

Seems like my version of PT is not able to open this file.

Can you please post the topology pic here ? And also the the IP configuration of the destionation host.

And probably "host unreachable" message pops up when you're able reach to the destination network but unable to reach to the destination device.

Regards,

Chandu

Regards, Chandu

devils_advocate
Level 7
Level 7

I can open the file but there are several different subnets.

What subnet are you trying to ping from and what subnet are you trying to ping?

Its a school assignment and one of the criterias is that all computers should be able to ping each other.

chandra_rc16
Level 4
Level 4

Post the topolgy pic with lables please so that even if i can't resolve it i can learn from that..

Regards,

Chandu

Regards, Chandu

mmoriarta
Level 1
Level 1

Martin,

Some of the things you want to look at, from just a quick peak, is the connection types. Make sure you have the right types of connections to the devices. Others include IP addressing and the EIGRP and the area ID's.

MartinMoeller12
Level 1
Level 1

Here is the routers config files

Martin,

Again please take what I stated before. Also just looking at the first router IP addressing, you need to make sure all addressing is correct. I can see from the first router there are a couple of IP addresses that are wrong. When you are working on these start where you might be able to ping and go from there.

Ex:

Router 1

Ping from fa0/0 to the access device. If that does not work then make sure the cable is correct and the IP addressing is correct. If it can ping then you should be OK done with that. Ping fa0/1 if it fails again check IP and cable.

I would make sure all devices can ping their neighbors before you look at routing. After all can ping their neighbors then take a look at the routing and routing protocols. Look at the EIGRP ID's make sure they are correct.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card