Views
Helpful
Replies

need Help : urgent

tazi44444
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm starting a business in web hosting and ASP(email services and HR services).

I need help about the right architecture for my network. I don't want to buy bandwidth from ISP but I prefer to setup my network.. I will have about 10 servers(2 for DNS, 2 for mail, 1 for LDAP, 1 linux web hosting, 1 IIS server, 1 server for applications) and a SAN storage solution.

I need to setup my network : which router and firewall is the right for my architecture, which switch I need to buy, what is the best architecture for this : rouer, firewall, switch,10 servers.

thanks .

9 Replies 9

mahmoodmkl
Level 7
Level 7

Hi

If u didnt buy bandwidth how will the outside world access u r servers..?

The equipments u need to purchase depends upon the utilization of u r services.

U need to determine what r the applications u r going to use,the bandwidth requirements of each applications etc.

Thanks

Mahmood

don't forget ur budget

thanks lot for info.

please could you valide me this architecture. See the file attached.

Thanks

Tazi

thanks lot for info.

please could you valide me this architecture. See the file attached.

Thanks

Tazi

I forget one important thing : who can I implement the "load balancing" in my architecture ?

which hardware can I use?

Thanks

Hi

you need to put an estimate on the traffic loads to and from your servers; you also need to determine what media your servers will connect with to the network viz 1000BaseT or 1000BaseFX. How will you terminate the tier-1 connections? same box or seperate? what type of presentation?

These will enable you select the appropriate switch/router.

Thanks

Thanks for your help.

I think start with 20Mb/s.

For the LAN I will use 1G.

All servers, SAN, switch, load balancing switch will be in a rack in a DATACENTER.

So do you have any idea about router/firewall/switch/load balancing i need to use?

and what the right solution : 1000BaseT or 1000BaseFX ?

Thanks

You are not realy into this technology I believe. A switch with 1000BaseT is probably what you need. Most importantly we need budget information because without we don't know if you are looking for a budget solution or better...

Budget about 100000$.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card