cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need linkbeat status OID on Catalyst 3560 switch

avega_raytheon
Level 1
Level 1

I need to retrieve the linkbeat status from the 3560 switch. One OID that I know could provide this information is 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.5.1.4.1.1.23 (portAdditionalOperStatus) which is part of CISCO-STACK-MIB. However, when I did an SNMP walk on the switch this OID was not found. Actually, when the CISCO-STACK-MIB OIDs were listed, it did not list anything beyond *4.1.1.12.

Questions:

1. Why I cannot see the 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.5.1.4.1.1.23 OID? Do I need to upgrade the firmware? If so, to what version?

2. Is there another OID that provides linkbeat status?

3. Do I need to change the switch for another model?

This is my current configuration:

Model: WS-C3560-24TS

Sw ver: 12.2(25)SEE2

Sw image: C3560-IPSERVICES-M

Any help will be appreciated, thank you.

2 Replies 2

Amit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Which command syntax did you use. Please paste that.

I did the search on the OID that you are looking for getting the link status. I put int the OID in the tool below and checked the supported IOS version for the same.

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/SNMP/do/BrowseOID.do?local=en

This is the SNMP Object Navigator Tool.Please input the OID and then press translate button It will give the info.

I saw that the supported IOS version for the MIB is 12.2.20SEB4. The IOS that you are running is not listed as the supported one. Please check on the tool. So you have to downgrade the code to support that.

HTH,Please rate if it does.

-amit singh

Thank you very much for the information. Changing the firmware sounds like a good alternative.

Also, I need OIDs to get the ports current STP state and switch's power-on self test. Do you happen to know which ones to use?

All this comes because of an upgrade I am doing from a 2900 to a 3560 model. Most of the OIDs used in the 2900 are now invalid and I need replacement.

Thank you for your time.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card