cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need solution to connect two LANs. Please help.

borgo2007
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I would connect two networks separated by a private road with a 100Mb cable. (At the moment I can't use another cable)

Whichis the best solution ?

Here is the configuration:

Network-A

Network-B

Internet Gateway (it's on Network-B)

Clients from Network A should use the internet connection (smtp, pop3, http) provided by the adsl Router 192.2.0.252 (which

is on the Network-B)

All the other traffic between the Network A and Network B should blocked.

What I need to o it ?

1) My idea is:

---------BUILDING-1---------------STREET------------------BUILDING-2-------------------------------

Network-A <--> Router-A <--> BACKBONE CABLE <--> Roouter-B <--> Network-B <--> Gateway (Adsl Router)

Is it correct ? I like Cisco products, so which type of routers should I brought ?

Do the routers need two Ethernet interfaces or one is enough ?

2 Replies 2

ahmednaas
Level 4
Level 4

How big are networks A & B? What type of switches do you have now?

If you have cisco switches Then you could do it without adding routers:

Switch_A(VLAN 10)<--road--->ADSL router(Cisco 877)<-->Switch_B(VLAN 20). Notice that both switches are connected directly to the router, which has a 4 port switch.

On network A I have 10 pc

On network B I have 30 pc

The Adsl router is on network B and I need to use the internet connection through the network A.

I prefer a router solution than VLAN.

Now the two networks are connected by an ethernet cable with two switchs at the edge.

I I need to buy a router which is flexible, so when I'll change the backbone cable with a wireless link I can use it too.

Thank you for attention and greetings from Italy

Andrea

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco