Views
Helpful
Replies

Need to Enable SSH instead of Telnet on Cisco Catalyst 2950 / 2960 Series S

Dipesh Patel
Level 2
Level 2

Dear All,

Pls guide me how to enable SSH on Cisco Catalyst 2950 / 2960 Series SW?

I Need to Enable SSH instead of Telnet on Cisco Catalyst 2950 / 2960 Series SW.

Or is it not possible ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Calin C.
Level 5
Level 5

Hello!

First of all you need an IOS version that support crypto (c2950-i6k2l2q4-mz.121-22.EA12.bin for C2950 as an example), then you have to enable SSH on the switch with "crypto key generate rsa" and then on the "line vty 0 4" you have to do "transport input ssh" or "transport inpus ssh telnet" if you want ssh and telnet (I recommend this until you are sure that ssh is working without problems).

Good luck!

Cheers,

Calin

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Calin C.
Level 5
Level 5

Hello!

First of all you need an IOS version that support crypto (c2950-i6k2l2q4-mz.121-22.EA12.bin for C2950 as an example), then you have to enable SSH on the switch with "crypto key generate rsa" and then on the "line vty 0 4" you have to do "transport input ssh" or "transport inpus ssh telnet" if you want ssh and telnet (I recommend this until you are sure that ssh is working without problems).

Good luck!

Cheers,

Calin

Thank you sir...

ccannon88567
Level 1
Level 1

Dont forget to enable "AAA new-model" in Global Config for a text book configuration :-)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card