Views
Helpful
Replies

Needs help with Cisco 1941

Hiep Pham
Level 1
Level 1

Hello:

Currently we had Cisco 1941 and I was wondering if it is possible to set up FO Active/Standby for this unit.

If so, could someone please send me an instruction on how to accomplish it

Thanks again.

4 Replies 4

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

"FO"?

I assume that FO stands for Fail Over. In terms of a true active/standby failover I am not sure that you could do this on a 1941.The closest that I can think of would be to configure Integrated Routing and Bridging. In doing this you would configure both LAN interfaces with bridge groups in the same bridge group and would configure a BVI for the bridge group. You would put the IP address onto the BVI. This would allow both LAN interfaces to be active and participate in the same vlan/subnet. One interface would be active and if it failed then the other interface would forward the traffic.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Thanks Rick.

Do you know if there a link or instruction on how to configure Active/Standby for this model?

I doubt that there are instructions for this model to implement IRB since it would not normally be a recommended implementation. If you would like information that would help you with configuration of IRB on the 1941 I would suggest that you begin with this link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk389/tk815/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094663.shtml

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card