Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Negate a no spanning-tree vlan ** ??

Hi,

I have a 3750 switch which has the command 'spanning-tree vlan **'.  I am struggling to remove this command, as this particular VLAN is one I want to distribute across our network.

I have so far, set the switch to VTP Transparent mode and removed the VLAN from the database, this removes the command.  If I then put the switch back to VTP client mode (or manually add the VLAN, while in in VTP transparent mode) then the command comes back.  Submitting the command 'spanning-tree vlan **' command has no affect.

Thanks!

Steve

1 REPLY
Purple

Negate a no spanning-tree vlan ** ??

Hi,

to my best knowledge if a switch doesn't know about a  VLAN then it can't have a Spanning-tree instance for this VLAN.

So when you have your switch in client mode it is learning about this vlan from vtp and can start a spanning-tree instance for this vlan.But STP is for redundant paths not for distributing a vlan across a network so could you be more precise and explain what you want to achieve exactly.

Regards.

Alain

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content