Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Netflow : NDE, UBRL and mask conflict

Hi all,

Hardware capabilities on Cat6K are not very clear to me when reading the docs and that's why I need an expert to clarify a bit please.

My hardware : Catalyst 6500 with PFC3BXL onboard

My current Netflow configuration : "ip flow ingress" configured on interface Ten1/1 with "mls flow ip full" and sampling.

What I want to do : configure UBRL (User Based Rate Limiting) to rate-limit per source IP the traffic that enters into Ten1/1. For this, I need a second Netflow mask that will be "source only".

My question : documentation says that PFC3BXL supports 4 different Netflow masks, of which 2 are available for the user. Does that mean that my configuration will work or is there a Netflow mask conflict ? I've read that when you have NDE configured with full mask, if you configure UBRL on same interface then it must use the same mask (full in my case due to sampling), which is definitely not what I intend to do because I want to rate-limit the incoming traffic per source.

Thanks a lot for your help !!

Sam

Everyone's tags (3)
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content