Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

NetFlow on 3640 Router with 12.2(5) IOS

Is there any special commands to enable netflow on a 3640 router? Have tried to use they typical commands but they say they are not supported.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Blue

Re: NetFlow on 3640 Router with 12.2(5) IOS

nshoe18 wrote:

IP Plus for the feature set. We are trying to export the netflow from an interface to solarwinds netflow. What wuld be the correct commands to accomplish this? I am actually remotely supporting another on this.

Have a look at the 12.2 netflow configuration guide which covers how to export the flows -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_2/switch/configuration/guide/xcfnfc.html

Jon

Cisco are currently donating money to the Haiti earthquake appeal for every rating so please consider rating all helpful posts.

5 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Blue

Did a quick check on Feature Navigator and it looks like all features sets should support Netflow for that IOS version.

What commands are you trying to use ?

What feature set are you actually running ?

Jon

IP Plus for the feature set. We are trying to export the netflow from an interface to solarwinds netflow. What wuld be the correct commands to accomplish this? I am actually remotely supporting another on this.

Hall of Fame Super Blue

nshoe18 wrote:

Have a look at the 12.2 netflow configuration guide which covers how to export the flows -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_2/switch/configuration/guide/xcfnfc.html

Jon

Cisco are currently donating money to the Haiti earthquake appeal for every rating so please consider rating all helpful posts.

I can't find where netflow is supported on 12.2 on a router (other than 7500/7600). Cisco typically puts commands in before they actually do anything so it's plausible that the commands are there, but they do not enable netflow.

Here's a config that works for me. It will also allow you to veiw top-talkers via the CLI.

ip flow-export source Loopback0
ip flow-export version 5
ip flow-export destination 10.210.11.10 9191
ip flow-top-talkers

interface serial0/0

ip flow [ingress | egress]

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content