cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NetFlow on 3640 Router with 12.2(5) IOS

nshoe18
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any special commands to enable netflow on a 3640 router? Have tried to use they typical commands but they say they are not supported.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

nshoe18 wrote:

IP Plus for the feature set. We are trying to export the netflow from an interface to solarwinds netflow. What wuld be the correct commands to accomplish this? I am actually remotely supporting another on this.

Have a look at the 12.2 netflow configuration guide which covers how to export the flows -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_2/switch/configuration/guide/xcfnfc.html

Jon

Cisco are currently donating money to the Haiti earthquake appeal for every rating so please consider rating all helpful posts.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Did a quick check on Feature Navigator and it looks like all features sets should support Netflow for that IOS version.

What commands are you trying to use ?

What feature set are you actually running ?

Jon

IP Plus for the feature set. We are trying to export the netflow from an interface to solarwinds netflow. What wuld be the correct commands to accomplish this? I am actually remotely supporting another on this.

nshoe18 wrote:

Have a look at the 12.2 netflow configuration guide which covers how to export the flows -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_2/switch/configuration/guide/xcfnfc.html

Jon

Cisco are currently donating money to the Haiti earthquake appeal for every rating so please consider rating all helpful posts.

I can't find where netflow is supported on 12.2 on a router (other than 7500/7600). Cisco typically puts commands in before they actually do anything so it's plausible that the commands are there, but they do not enable netflow.

Here's a config that works for me. It will also allow you to veiw top-talkers via the CLI.

ip flow-export source Loopback0
ip flow-export version 5
ip flow-export destination 10.210.11.10 9191
ip flow-top-talkers

interface serial0/0

ip flow [ingress | egress]

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card