Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Netflow on 3750E Switch

Does anyone know of any plans to incorporate NetFlow capability on a Cisco 3750 (E) type switch. ?

I love this feature on typical routers or high end switches, but does not seem to be an option on the 3750E series.

I'm currently running 12.2(35)SE2, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1).

I raised this question about a year ago with Cisco directly. They thought it might be available in a future release. I ask again as it was mentioned in a cisco brochure for the following switches to meet PCI compliance.

Cisco Catalyst 3750, 4500, 6500 and

2900 Series Switches.

Thanks for any help.

Tom Maguire

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Bronze

Re: Netflow on 3750E Switch

Due to Hardware limitation, I don't see this being incorporated in the 3750/3560 line.

These switches are targeted for the access-layer and a that layer, you don't need to examine Layer3 traffic. That's usually done at the aggregation layer.

A software release won't incorporate NetFlow into these switches as NetFlow supported switches is done in hardware to avoid overloading the CPU.

HTH,

__

Edison.

2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Bronze

Due to Hardware limitation, I don't see this being incorporated in the 3750/3560 line.

These switches are targeted for the access-layer and a that layer, you don't need to examine Layer3 traffic. That's usually done at the aggregation layer.

A software release won't incorporate NetFlow into these switches as NetFlow supported switches is done in hardware to avoid overloading the CPU.

HTH,

__

Edison.

Thanks Edison. You confirmed my thoughts. I like the low cost layer 3 capabilities of the 3750 and was hoping for an IOS miracle :)

Take care.

Tom

Views
Helpful
Replies