Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Netflow stats on 6509 hybrid Layer 2 vlan only

I have a L2 vlan only. I don't see in the various netflow docs how I can setup netflow to pull info from that L2 vlan. Lots of info about how to setup netflow with a L3 Vlan and interfaces and how to do it with the native mode IOS. That doesn't help me here running Native CatOS.

Running 8.3(2) CatOS and 12.2(14)ZA7 on the MFC

Geez I hate hybrid CATOS! :)

What have I missed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Bronze

Re: Netflow stats on 6509 hybrid Layer 2 vlan only

You aren't missing anything.

One of the restrictions from NetFlow:

In PFC3B or PFC3BXL mode with Release 12.2(18)SXE and later releases, NetFlow supports bridged IP traffic. PFC3A mode does not support NetFlow bridged IP traffic.

Please see:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/ios/12.2SXF/native/configuration/guide/netflow.html

NetFlow isn't supported in CatOS and it inspects 'routed' flows. You should be able to configure it in the MSFC.

HTH,

__

Edison.

2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Bronze

You aren't missing anything.

One of the restrictions from NetFlow:

In PFC3B or PFC3BXL mode with Release 12.2(18)SXE and later releases, NetFlow supports bridged IP traffic. PFC3A mode does not support NetFlow bridged IP traffic.

Please see:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/ios/12.2SXF/native/configuration/guide/netflow.html

NetFlow isn't supported in CatOS and it inspects 'routed' flows. You should be able to configure it in the MSFC.

HTH,

__

Edison.

Thanks. For security, this VLAN is L2 only, there is no L3 counterpart in the MFC. So, no "netflow" for this interface. :)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content