cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Network Cable unplug

xhackuss1
Level 1
Level 1

I have a problem on my network that has kept me sleepless nights. I am running a Catalyst 6500 at the core with 3750 switches at the distribution layer,2950 at the access layer. I am running OSPF between the Core and the distribution.The clients on the network are all on DHCP apart from the servers and network elements like switches and routers. ocassionally, some clients experience "network cable unplug" and I have tried to trace the source of this problem without success.

Need some help brethen. Any lead will hep

1 Reply 1

sourabhagarwal
Level 4
Level 4

network cable unplug means that clients has lost the connectivity to the switch to which they are connected.

1. are clients which are experiencing network unplug connected to same switch or different switch?

2. have you checked logs on switches connecting to the users which are losing connectivity to see if any information is recorded there which can give some clue of the problem?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card