cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Network Design for Financial Network

bobbysitro
Level 1
Level 1

What do you think the best and more reccomended design (hardware and NAT related) would be for a medium sized financial network?

6 Replies 6

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What is the requirement?

i.e. capacity, throughput, interface, speed and the most important one funding,

Funding is no issue - our requirnments are having each host be assigned a public IP, and a VPN redundancy.

hobbe
Level 7
Level 7

Hi

What type of financial network ?

Big difference if it is high frequency trading in one end of the scale or having bloomberg terminals in the other end and both of them can be considered financial networks.

VPN redundancy does not sound like a HFT net.

if it is not a HFT network then it is most of the time of no concern how fast things are sent between devices and so on so normal network speeds apply ie gig network.

so it is just the redundancy factor you are after then there are several different designs depending on your requirements and factors such as redundant lines and so on.

I would not consider INTERNET to be a proper financial network anytime soon.

good luck

hth

i am basically looking to see how I can use public IP's as host IP's. That is one requirenment our clients have. I have a public ip range from my ISP which holds 6 IPs and a different one that holds 30. How do you suguest I do that?

Hi

I do not have sufficient information on the factors in this case so I can not do a proper assessment.

Why Internet ?

what type of network ?

whats the purpose of the network ?

how many hosts (computers/printers/servers/routers/switches...)

what are the requirements of the hosts ?

what type of links besides Internet ?

Redundancy issues ?

many questions

Hobbe and Reza are asking the right questions but the answers don't seem to be forthcoming.

May I recommend you intiate contact with a reputable network consultant? 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card