cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

network diagram

mathurmahesh
Level 1
Level 1

hi,can any one give me the best high performance solution for the network daigram below..

1.where can i create Vlans?

2.stp or RSTP or MSTp?

3.and which device should be configured as root?

4.HSRP?

5.Etherchaneel.

6.misc

Plzs suggest with the best sollution..

Thanks in advance.

4507R - 2

Vlans - 5

2 Replies 2

royalblues
Level 10
Level 10

Friend,

I assume that the 3750 switches are all acting basically as an access switch and all the 5 VLANs will spread across them.

If this is the case, then I would create a collapsed Core architcecture where your 4507R will act both Core/distribution

confgure both the 4507 as VTP servers where you can create the vlans and all the other switches as client.

Run L2 Etherchannel between the 2 4507.

One of the 4507R will be configured as SPT root and the other as secondary root.

Each 3750 will be connected redundantly to the each of the cores.

Configure HSRP for the 5 SVIS you create on the core switches. (you can one 4507 as the active router for all the vlans or if you want to loadbalance confogure the other 4507 as the active for that vlan and also make sure that it is the SPT root for that VLAN as well.

RSTP can be configured on all switches to speed up convergence. otherwise just configure uplinkfast on all the 3750's with normal STP.

HTH, rate if it does

Narayan

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Narayan's suggestion is right on target and definitely gives you all the information that you were asking for in your bullet points.

However, I want you to consider another approach. Since you have L3 switches at the Core and access-switches, I recommend looking into making these L3 uplinks vs L2 uplinks.

With L3 uplinks, you avoid the headache of dealing with STP convergence times and you will fully utilize all uplinks (none will be blocking due to STP).

The only drawback with L3 uplinks is; you lose the single VTP domain management. In other words, you need to configure/manage VLANs in every single access-switch.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card