Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Network Testing

We are starting to add redundancy to our network, in the form of L3 rings, L2 loops w/ STP, Etherchannel, and 3750 stacks.

Can any one recommend software or things to monitor on the switch and routers, that will let me know how long convergence takes when I test remove links from the network?

Also any recommendations to test the network would be helpful. I was going to test by removing network cables, and just setup multiple pings from multiple locations. Then look at the result. There has to be a better way.

Thank You

2 REPLIES
Blue

Re: Network Testing

"Also any recommendations to test the network would be helpful. I was going to test by removing network cables, and just setup multiple pings from multiple locations. Then look at the result. There has to be a better way."

Im sure theres something a lot mor sopisticated, but to be honest with you,. that is exactly how I have always tested redundancy and failover times. Just running directed PING tests consistently and repeatedly all over the network as I tested one link after another...

HTH

Victor

Re: Network Testing

That's how I do it too. I use PingPlotter, much better representation and it shows route changes.

Views
Helpful
Replies