Views
Helpful
Replies

New at configuring QoS

edgar-quintana
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Iwas configuring Qos with my 2821 cisco router.

I had used the wizard to do this. I do not have voice over my network.I would like to create my protocol based policies... improve imap, smtp or pop3 protocol like no latency (LLQ).

I have created a policy called mail and asing and DSCP af42 LLQ 20%.

I dont know why, but all traffic is under class-default policy and nothing under mail policy ...

why?

Best regards

5 Replies 5

Kevin Dorrell
Level 10
Level 10

Could you post your config please, then we might see what the problem is.

Kevin Dorrell

Luxembourg

My config:

Best regards and thks for fast responding.

What interfaces are you looking at? I only see "service-policy output SDM-QoS-Policy-1" on GigabitEthernet0/1. I also see you're using IPSec on that interface too. If the data is encrypted before NBAR sees it, it won't be able to match against protocols.

PS:

Probably inadvisable to place FTP into your LLQ. Further, you may want to reconsider placing your other non-real-time traffic there too.

Try configuring qos-preclassify command under the crypto map to support QoS with encryption

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1839/products_feature_guide09186a0080087ac4.html

HTH

Narayan

Hi,

I?ve edited my three crypto map xxx 10x ipsec-isakmp and added those commands qos pre-classify.

Anything more?

Best regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: