Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

New behaviour of EIGRP with redistribute static

It redistributes static routes without a default-metric command! Found on Catalyst 4500 with 122-37.SG1.

Former IOS version stop redistribution of static routes without a command like “default-metric 10000 1 255 1 1500”

Now is “router eigrp 123” and “redistribute static” enough! Do somebody now when this has been changed?

2 REPLIES

Re: New behaviour of EIGRP with redistribute static

Is that all statics, or only statics with an interface as next hop? I know you could do redistribute connected and it would ssed the metric from the interface's bandwidth and delay. I guess it would do the same with a static with next hop as an an interface.

So what values does it give to a static with a next-hop to a remote address?

Kevin Dorrell

Luxembourg

Re: New behaviour of EIGRP with redistribute static

Recently I read on the forum that static redistribution doesnt require metric. It takes the interface metric for redistribution.

Here is the link for reference:

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Network%20Infrastructure&topic=WAN%2C%20Routing%20and%20Switching&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.2cbe8276/0#selected_message

pls rate all helpful posts.

Views
Helpful
Replies