Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

New Layout Freaking me Out

Hi.

I'm really sorry for posting this question on this community.

I'm not usually one to complain about new site layouts. Usually there is a little learning curve then things are back to normal but, with this new layout I cannot find my current discussions. It seems half-baked. Navigation is a chore. I called support for some help but they wouldn't provide any. 

Does anyone know how I can find my most recen t discussions - I tried my activity but, it does not show my latest activity. The old layout had a drop down where you could click to see you latest discussion. This is a powerful resource and I use it frequently.

Thank you

• LAN Switching and Routing
5 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Blue

PatrickFirstly i don't work

Patrick

Firstly i don't work for Cisco so i'm not speaking for them.

There are some continuing issues with the new site and the recent discussions is one of them. There is a Feedback forum (under Community Corner on the top panel) where a lot of these things are being discussed.

I think at the moment they are not available or working as they did on the previous site. In addition the search function is not working as well as it did before which makes it difficult to find previous discussions.

The only workaround i can suggest at the moment, although not as effective, is to use Google to search for them as it seems to have good indexing and a good search engine.

Like i say i don't work for Cisco but what i would say is that Dan and the team are working flat out to try and sort these issues but it will take some time.

Jon

Purple

I have to agree , the

I have to agree , the whole new layout is 20 steps backwards! Hard to find anything, it's not intuitive at all and the site is slower than death at times.

Hall of Fame Super Blue

Hi GlenTo be fair when they

Hi Glen

To be fair when they did the last upgrade there were performance issues and it took quite a while to get it working properly so it's just going to take time.

I only really use the Discussions but personally, for me, it's pretty much the same in terms of moving between forums and answering questions.

But yes, there are issues which need addressing.

Jon

Jon, I have to disagree with

Jon,

I have to disagree with you to some extent. There were some issues during the last upgrade but, they didn't affect me the way this last change has and I can only speak from my own experience. I'm sure they will get it figured out but, in the meantime I find it a bit frustrating. I"m glad I am not the only one experiencing problems.

I'll be patient.

Hall of Fame Super Blue

PatrickYour'e right, this

Patrick

Your'e right, this migration is definitely causing more problems than the last one so i agree with you on that.  Some of it is frustrating and your'e definitely not the only one who has been having problems.

It's just that some of the comments in the Feedback forum have been pretty harsh and there is a lot of hard work being done to try and sort out the issues.

People are obviously entitled to their opinions but i think it is, as you say, just a question of being patient and giving them some time to get it all working properly.

Jon

Views
Helpful
Replies