Views
Helpful
Replies

New network access problem

dan_track
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I've just created a new network range. The network is 192.168.16.0/24. The problem I have is that other hosts on the 10.222.4.0/255.255.252.0. What do I need to add to my internal router to make the 10. network see the 192.168.16.0 network.?

Thanks in advance

Dan

2 Replies 2

farkascsgy
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Since you just share a small part information of your config and infrastructure a bit hard to give you correct and exact answer. First of all you should enable the new IP range in your routing process, update the proper ACLs further NAT if required outside access. But the main reason why the two subnet are not seeing each other the routing process and ACL can be....

If you need further assistant please share your config and draw your topology.

bye

FCS

Please rate me if I helped.

caiyu19771110
Level 1
Level 1

if your 10.x.x.x network is connecting your router dircetly, that means your router has a interface which ip address belongs to 10 network and the hosts in the 10 network point to their default gateway to this address of router's.

if you want the hosts in 10 network see 192.168.x.x network, you can assign a 192.168.x.x ip address on another interface of your router, and config the hosts in 192.168.x.x network, let their default gateway be the ip address of your router's that you assigned just now.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card