Views
Helpful
Replies

NEXUS 2248 FAN CHANGE

diegofcr87
Level 1
Level 1

Hello;

Currently I have 10 switches 2248 with operational services but I found that the switches were installed uncorrectly and this causes temperature problems over it and over the datacenter, Recently we get the packages of power sources and fan (N2200-PAC-400W-B N2K-C2248-FAN-B) to change the current equipment but I need made this change without services impact so I want to know if someone has made this change before or if there are any kind of recommended order example, PW, FAN, PW. Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

The Cisco Nexus 2248TP-E FEX /2248TP / 2248PQ chassis has two bays for front-end AC or DC power supplies. This chassis is fully functional with one power supply, but you can install a second power supply for power redundancy. The power supply is hot swappable during operations.

Refer the link for more information:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus2000/hw/installation/guide/overview.html#wp1355291

Regards

Partha

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If, for example, your appliance has front-to-back fans and you want to change it to back-to-front (or vice versa), I believe you have less than 15 seconds to do your swap or the appliance will shutdown by itself.

I wouldn't guarantee you do this and get a proper change control done.

Hi,

The Cisco Nexus 2248TP-E FEX /2248TP / 2248PQ chassis has two bays for front-end AC or DC power supplies. This chassis is fully functional with one power supply, but you can install a second power supply for power redundancy. The power supply is hot swappable during operations.

Refer the link for more information:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus2000/hw/installation/guide/overview.html#wp1355291

Regards

Partha

thanks a lot the document was helpful

Hi Partha;

Maybe you know if there are two kinds of different Chassis in case of your want to use back to front or front to back airflow, or it´s the same chassis, because Im a little confused about with this that I found:

Chassis

The Cisco Nexus 2248PQ FEX chassis has a height of 1.72 inches (4.37  cm), a width of 17.3 inches (43.94 cm), and a depth of 17.7 inches  (44.96 cm). It weighs 17.5 pounds (8.0 kg). Its one-rack-unit (1 RU)  form factor takes up relatively little space, making it easy to  incorporate into rack designs. The FEX is mounted in a standard 19-inch  (48.26 cm) rack. All  of the switch ports at the rear of the chassis are in close proximity  to server ports, and all user-serviceable components are accessible from  the front panel.

You can order front-to-back airflow or back-to-front airflow for  cooling. If you are going to install the chassis with its front end  facing the cold aisle, you must order the chassis with front-to-back air  flow. If you are going to install the chassis with its back end facing  the cold aisle, you must order the chassis with back-to-front airflow.

Thank Leo laohoo, actually I have 1 minute to made this change but i will ask for a change control.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card