Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Nexus 3000 uplink options

Is there any way to uplink a Nexus 3064TQ-32T to a 3750 stack with a gigabit connection, or do I have a very expensive door stop now?

The documentation implies that the 1/10Gb ports are downlink-only, and uplinks can be created only via the QFP slots. Are there any modules that allow 1Gb uplinks, e.g. into a 1000BASE-T SFP at the other end?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VIP Super Bronze

Looking at the doscumentation

Looking at the doscumentation, it does not seem to be corect. QSPF does only 40 gig or 10Gig using break out cables and not 1Gig (as far as I am aware).

5 REPLIES
VIP Super Bronze

The 32 copper ports are 100

I have never used this modle before, but the 32 copper ports are 100/1000 or 10Gig.  So, you should be able to use them as uplinks and not use the QSPFs at all.

HTH

Community Member

This document (http://www

This document (http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus3000/hw/installation/guide/nexus3000_hardware_install_guide_book/connect.html) says:

| For the Cisco Nexus 3064 switch, you must use RJ-45 connectors on copper cables to make the downlink connections and SFP transceivers on copper or optical cables or SFP+ transceivers on optical cables to make the 1- or 10-Gigabit Ethernet uplink connections.

I have been completely unable to get the copper ports to work as uplinks. Switch indicates link flapping, and the switch at the other end indicates not connected.

VIP Super Bronze

Looking at the doscumentation

Looking at the doscumentation, it does not seem to be corect. QSPF does only 40 gig or 10Gig using break out cables and not 1Gig (as far as I am aware).

Community Member

I can't actually believe this

I can't actually believe this - bad patch cable!

Eth1/32       --                 connected trunk     full    a-1000  100/1000/10

Thanks for your replies, Reza.

Community Member

I can't actually believe this

I can't actually believe this - bad patch cable!

Thanks for all the replies, Reza, and confirming that this should be possible.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content