Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 5000 and "link state tracking"

gnijs
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

I have quickly looked in the N5000 configuration guide, but i can't find anything about "link state tracking". Is it supported on the N5000 ? Or have i overlooked it ? I want my downstream host ports to go down when i loose my uplink.

Note: i run only 10GE uplinks and host downlinks, no fex. So i am not looking for FEX pinning feature.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

reswaran
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Link State Tracking is not supported in Nexus 5000.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

jsivulka
Level 5
Level 5

Link-state tracking, also known as trunk failover, is a feature that binds the link state of multiple interfaces. Link-state tracking provides redundancy in the network when used with server network interface card (NIC) adapter teaming. When the server network adapters are configured in a primary or secondary relationship known as teaming and the link is lost on the primary interface, connectivity transparently changes to the secondary interface.

Please follow up on this link for more details on "Link-state Tracking"

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/blades/3110/software/release/12.2_46_se/configuration/guide/swethchl.html#wp1354183

reswaran
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Link State Tracking is not supported in Nexus 5000.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: