Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 5020 Port Channel From Fex's to Server

Hello,

We have 2 Nexus 5020 and 12 2248TP FEX's. The FEX's are dual homed to each 5020.

Currently Running 5.1(3)N1(1) we are also running a switch profile.

Is it possible to run a port-channel (channel-group) from 2 different FEX's to a server.

I have had a look at the documentation and some says yes and some no. This may be due to limitations between 5010/5020 and newer 55xx Switches.

I suspect that this is not possible with the 5020's.

Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks

Jonathan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Steve Fuller
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Jonathan,

The feature you need to run dual-homed FEX with vPC to the server is called Enhanced vPC. This was introdcued in NX-OS 5.1(3)N1, but is not supported on the Nexus 5010 or 5020 switches.

While not useful for you with the Nexus 5020 there's a very good document called Using Enhanced vPC if you're interested in understanding the details.

Regards

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Steve Fuller
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Jonathan,

The feature you need to run dual-homed FEX with vPC to the server is called Enhanced vPC. This was introdcued in NX-OS 5.1(3)N1, but is not supported on the Nexus 5010 or 5020 switches.

While not useful for you with the Nexus 5020 there's a very good document called Using Enhanced vPC if you're interested in understanding the details.

Regards

Steve,

Thanks for the reply.

I suspected it was not possible

Regards,

J.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card