Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus 5500 5.1(3)N2(1) configuration stuck

I have got stuck with some config I cannot get rid of.  This is what I have (adapted to generalise it):

port-profile type port-channel UNIX-channel

switchport mode trunk

switchport trunk native vlan 100

switchport trunk allowed vlan 100, 200, 300, 400

state enabled

port-profile type ethernet UNIX-trunk

switchport mode trunk

switchport trunk native vlan 100

switchport trunk allowed vlan 100, 200, 300, 400

state enabled

interface Po1501

inherit port-profile UNIX-channel

interface Ethernet150/1/1

inherit port-profile UNIX-trunk

channel-group 1501 mode active

interface Ethernet151/1/1

inherit port-profile UNIX-trunk

channel-group 1501 mode active

Now, you might think the configurations on the physical ports are ambiguous.  So the are, excpet that the port-profiles are consistent.  It works OK as it is.  But the physical links are inheriting from two different sources: the port-channel definition and the UNIX-trunk port-profile.  This is all well and good until I want to add a VLAN to the port-channel, at which point the channel definitions will be inconsistent with the port-profile.

Don't ask me how I got into this situation .... it just bseemed like a good idea at the time.  What I would like to do is to shut down each link in turn, replace the port-profile with the equivalent commands in plain text, then let the links inherit any future changes from the port-channel configuration.  But it will not let me do so.  It will not let me disinherit the port-profile, it will not let me remove the physical link from the channel group.

Bear in mind this is all in a switch-profile, because the FEX is dual-homed.  But I don't think gthat is related to the problem because I get the same reult even if I break te sync peering. Oh ... and I have to do all this on the fly without interrupting the service.

Any ideas anyone?

Kevin DORRELL

Luxembourg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Bronze
3 REPLIES

Bump?

Hall of Fame Super Bronze

Thanks Edison, that looks like the one, and that it affects a lot more releases than the 5.0(2) they talk about.  The problem may be more general than they admit.  I don't like their workaround ... I don't have a maintenance slot until October and I really need to use the ports now.

Thanks anyway for finding the bug.

Kevin Dorrell

Luxembourg

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content