Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 5546 HSRP not formed

tsadmin
Level 1
Level 1

Appreciate anybody's help.

I have a paif of nexus 5548 configured VPC using the mgmt interface as heartbeat and 2x10G as peerlink. Peer-gateway is also configure on the vpc domain. I have 2 FEX straight thru connection to each Nexus'es. Created 2 VPC and both are up and no suspended vlans. Allowed VLANs in peerlink is 10,20,30,40 and 50. I configure SVI for VLAN 10 on both nexus 10.10.10.100/24 and 10.10.10.101/24 respectively. The problem is when I create HSRP on this VLAN 10 (vip 10.10.10.88), the hello packets are not heard by both nexus, thus both Nexus are acting as active with unknown standby. I can ping both vlan 10 from each Nexus. I tried deleting and putting back the config but no luck.I tried creating another SVI vlan 20 on both nexus and form hsrp, result is same as in vlan 10. I am running version 5.1 release on both nexus. Has anyone encounter this issue before?

Appreciate all help and feedback. Thanks.

Angel

3 Replies 3

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Do you have layer-3 daughter card installed on both devices?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps9441/ps9670/guide_c07-673997.html

BTW, you mean 5548 right?

HTH

Hi,

Yeah it's 5548. Thanks for the reply.

I need this card to have hsrp enabled on these nexus. Appreciate the info.

Angel

Hi,

Yes, have a look at the link I posted:

Layer 3 Capabilities of the Cisco Nexus 5500 Platform

The Layer 3 engine card on the Cisco Nexus 5500 platform provides the following functions:

•  Layer 3 interfaces: Routed ports on Cisco Nexus 5500 platform ports,  switch virtual interfaces (SVIs) that can route traffic coming from  Cisco Nexus 5500 platform ports or from fabric extender ports;  PortChannels can be configured as Layer 3 interfaces as well.

•  Routing protocol support: Static, Routing Information Protocol Versions  1 and 2 (RIPv1 and v2), Open Shortest Path First Version 2 (OSPFv2),  Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP), and Border Gateway  Protocol (BGP).

Support for gateway redundancy protocols: Hot Standby Router Protocol (HSRP) and Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP).

HTH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card