Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 5548P Routing

tohoken
Level 1
Level 1

All,

I have a pair of 5548P switches with the L3 daughter cards installed.  Using the base license as I just need RIP routing.  I have the two switches setup and have the RIP routing feature enabled.  When I "turn on" routing using RIP I do not get any routes from my existing L3 switch (3750).  I probably don't have routing setup correctly.  With the 3750 IOS, I just turned on RIP with the router rip command and added a couple of network statements.  On the nexus I have run router rip {instance} and left it at that.  I am not getting any routes from my 3750.  The 5548s are using the management ports and are connected to my existing network with L2 trunks.  Does anyone know of a setup guide for RIP?  I have used the Nexus 7000 RIP guide but still can't get it to work.

Thanks,

Ken

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

phiharri
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings Ken,

You need to add the relevant interfaces (probably SVIs) to your RIP instance using the 'ip router rip ' statement in config-if mode. This per-interface config is similar to 'network' config lines used in IOS. Here's a link to the RIP section of the Unicast Routing Configuration Guide for Nexus 5000 for further details:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus5000/sw/unicast/5_0_3_N1_1/l3_rip.html

Cheers,

/Phil

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

phiharri
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings Ken,

You need to add the relevant interfaces (probably SVIs) to your RIP instance using the 'ip router rip ' statement in config-if mode. This per-interface config is similar to 'network' config lines used in IOS. Here's a link to the RIP section of the Unicast Routing Configuration Guide for Nexus 5000 for further details:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus5000/sw/unicast/5_0_3_N1_1/l3_rip.html

Cheers,

/Phil

tohoken
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Phil,

That is what I needed.  I didn't know that you needed to apply the instance to the interfaces.  I appreciate the help and the link.

Ken

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card